8 Chains North is usually able to accommodate groups of most sizes with plenty of advanced notice. To give your group the best experience possible, we require reservations for eight or more people. We also require reservations if you are coming via hired transportation. We are a small winery with limited seating. Whether you arriving together or meeting a larger group of friends, we must have an advance reservation, and may have to turn unscheduled groups away.
Please carefully review our group policies, below.
Group Policies: 8+ people
8 Chains North expects groups to arrive at their scheduled time or risk forfeiting their tasting slot. Groups should be well-behaved and not showing signs of intoxication. We are not a bar; we are a Tasting Room, and we will ask loud, unruly groups to leave the premises. In many cases, groups of larger sizes, groups celebrating a special occasion, or groups wishing to remain at the winery for an extended period beyond the tasting, will be required to rent private space in our Compass Rose Room or Vineyard View Tent. “Meetups,” whether formal or informal, are considered groups are must have a reservation or rental.
The Tasting Room and covered patio accommodate small parties of 2–6 people, and larger group seating is offered elsewhere on the patio, under the tent, at picnic tables, and in the event room, if available.
- Call 571.439.2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation
- A 50% deposit is required
- $15 + tax per person tasting fee for groups of 8-19 people
- $20 + tax per person for groups of 20 or more people
- Tasting fee includes a complimentary etched 8 Chains North logo wine glass
- IDs are required for each person doing a tasting or consuming wine by glass or bottle
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted; absolutely no outside alcohol is allowed on the property per Virginia law, and we will ask you to leave the premises if this law is violated
- All backpacks, coolers, and picnic baskets will be checked for outside alcohol
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone appearing intoxicated
- No party/keg buses!
- Groups arriving in large-capacity vehicles or hired cars/limos must have reservations
- If you need transportation recommendations, please call the winery or email email@example.com
Additional Group Options
- Chocolate Pairings may be added to any group tasting for $5 + tax per person
- A walking tour of the vineyard (during the growing season) or the production room may be added to a group tasting for $5 per person. Our educated staff will teach you what grapes are planted, how Virginia’s weather plays a role, the cycle of the life of a grape and the process to turn it into a wine. Make the most of your visit!