Groups: 8+ people
8 Chains North can usually accommodate groups of most sizes with plenty of advanced notice. To give your group the best experience possible, we require reservations for eight or more people. Unscheduled groups may be turned away. We are a smaller winery with limited group seating. The Tasting Room and covered patio accommodate small parties of 2–6 people, and larger group seating is offered elsewhere on the patio, under the tent, at picnic tables, and in the event room, if available.
- Groups should arrive at their scheduled time or risk forfeiting their tasting slot
- Groups should be well-behaved and not showing signs of intoxication or unruliness
- Fill out the reservation form or call 571.439.2255 to make your reservation
- A 50% deposit is required
- $15 + tax per person tasting fee for groups of 8-19 people
- $20 + tax per person for groups of 20 or more people
- Tasting fee includes a complimentary etched 8 Chains North logo wine glass
- IDs are required for each person
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted; absolutely no outside alcohol is allowed on the property
- We reserve the right to check all backpacks, coolers, and picnic baskets
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone appearing intoxicated
In many cases, groups of larger sizes, groups celebrating a special occasion, and/or wishing to remain at the winery for an extended period beyond the tasting, will be required to rent private space in our Compass Rose Room or Vineyard View Tent. “Meetups,” whether formal or informal, are considered groups are must have a reservation or rental.
- No party/keg buses!
- If you need transportation recommendations, please call the winery or email email@example.com
Group Tasting Request Form:
Additional Group Options
- A chocolate pairing may be added to any group tasting for $5 + tax per person
- A walking tour of the vineyard (during the growing season) or the production room may be added to a group tasting for $5 per person. Make the most of your visit!
For some, visiting local wineries is a family affair. At 8 Chains North, we welcome your well-behaved children. We appreciate your understanding that while we want to remain family-friendly, we are first and foremost an alcohol establishment for adult enjoyment and, as such, it is important for us to make sure our adult guests have the best experience possible. If you choose to bring your kid(s), please know:
- Children must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times, both in the Tasting Room and outside.
- They should be able to use “indoor voices” and exhibit “restaurant behavior”
- Children may play our corn hole (accompanied by a parent) or bring quiet games, books, and activities to enjoy at your table. 8 Chains North also offers a selection of games suitable for most ages. You are welcome to borrow them
- We are not a public park, therefore we do not allow ball games, Frisbee, and other activities that involve running on the grounds, fence-climbing, or that result in loud voices
We love seeing all your happy dogs’ faces and wagging tails when you visit. 8 Chains North has been enthusiastically dog-friendly since we opened our doors in 2010. As an agricultural entity/farm winery, we are regulated by the Va. Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). Currently, VDACS does not allow animals in Tasting Rooms (except service dogs as defined by the ADA), however, that is scheduled to change as of July 1, 2018. The Virginia Legislature recently passed a bill to allow dogs inside wineries. Please watch this space for more information as the bill goes into law.
- Patrons with dogs may enter the premises through the gate at the east end of the barn by the tent
- Dogs must be leashed on the patio and in the backyard area
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated, and wearing proper tags
- Your pets can enjoy being off leash to run around, meet new friends (or do their “business”) in our dog park
- All dogs must be under the immediate control of their person
- All pet waste must be deposited in the waste station located in the dog park
- Excessive barking or any aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs will result in being asked to leave the premises
- Please don’t bring your pet if s/he is not well-suited for public spaces
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture, and cannot be served food or water using utensils/vessels for people
During warm weather, dogs may not be left in your vehicle on our property. Outside temperatures as low as 70º F can exceed 100º F inside the car within 10 minutes. 8 Chains North will call Animal Control if we see a dog in a car who might be in danger of heatstroke.